Philip Feldman, MA, MS, PhD
- Adjunct Research Assistant Professor of Information Systems: University of Maryland Baltimore County (2020 - present)
- AI/ML Futurist: ASRC Federal (2015 - present)
- Technology Architect: Novetta, Inc (2009 - 2015)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff: Proteus Technologies (2005 - 2009)
- Chief Technical Officer: Powergrid Fitnes (2002 - 2009)
- Independent Consultant (2002 - 2009)
- Senior Scientist/ Director of Software Development: Immersion Medical (1996 - 2002)
- PhD Human-Centered Computing: University of Maryland Baltimore County, 2020
- MS Human-Centered Computing: University of Maryland Baltimore County, (Cum Laude) 2014
- MS Interdisciplinary Studies: Johns Hopkins University (Summa Cum Laude), 1995
- BA Interdisciplinary Studies: University of Maryland (Magna Cum Laude) 1983
- GSAW 2021 panel: Intelligent Systems / Machine Learning for Space Ground Systems
- GSAW 2020 panel: Intelligent Systems / Machine Learning for Space Ground Systems, with Jon Neff, Dan Balderston, John Donahue, and Jacob Everist
- Collective Intelligence 2018 panel: Crowdsourcing and Crowd-driven Innovation, with Christopher Tucci, Gianluigi Viscusi, Rosy Mondardini, Thomas Malone, and Joel Chan
Submitted Papers and Posters
Short documentary produced for the Globe Project.
Short, humerous video depicting a scenario where a superhero uses Genetic Algorithm-based design to develop a costume.
Documentation with live description of an initial prototype to evaluate force-input/motion-feedback mediated telepresence concepts.
Documentation with live description of a subsequent prototype to evaluate vibroacoustic mediated telepresence concepts.
United States Patents
- 7,931,470: Interface device and method for interfacing instruments to medical procedure simulation systems
- 7,864,164/8,638,308: Haptic Interface for Palpation Simulation
- 7,819,799: System and Method for Controlling Force applied to and Manipulation of Medical Instruments
- 7,727,117: Method and Apparatus for operatively controlling and Virtual Reality Scenario with a Physically Demanding Interfaces
- 7,331,226: Force measurement system for an isometric exercise device
- 7,308,831: Interface device and method for interfacing instruments to vascular access simulation systems
- 7,307,619, 7,202,851: Haptic interface for palpation simulation
- 7,121,982: Computer interactive isometric exercise system.
- 7,033,176: Motion platform system and method of rotating a motion platform about plural axes
- 6,817,973: Apparatus for controlling force for manipulation of medical instruments
- 6,470,302: Interface device and method for interfacing instruments to vascular access simulation systems
- 5,584,700: Virtual-reality based flycycle exercise machine