Philip Feldman, MA, MS, PhD Candidate
- PhD Human-Centered Computing: University of Maryland Baltimore County, Anticipated 2019 (Dissertation proposal)
- MS Human-Centered Computing: University of Maryland Baltimore County, (Cum Laude) 2014
- MS Interdisciplinary Studies: Johns Hopkins University (Summa Cum Laude), 1995
- BA Interdisciplinary Studies: University of Maryland (Magna Cum Laude) 1983
Submitted Papers and Posters
- This One Simple Trick Disrupts Digital Communities (SASO 2018) (paper)
- Echo Chambers: Modeling, Identifying, and Disrupting them (CHIIR 2017 - Rejected)
- Modeling the Law of Group Polarization (CSCW 2018 - Rejected)
- Modeling the Law of Group Polarization (Pysical Review E - Rejected)
- Trustworthy, Distrustworthy and Newsworthy, Fact Checking by Inferred Reputation (CSCW 2015 - Rejected) (paper)
- The development of a novel haptic prototype using force input/kinesthetic feedback (UIST 2012 - Rejected) (paper)
Short documentary produced for the Globe Project.
Short, humerous video depicting a scenario where a superhero uses Genetic Algorithm-based design to develop a costume.
Documentation with live description of an initial prototype to evaluate force-input/motion-feedback mediated telepresence concepts.
Documentation with live description of a subsequent prototype to evaluate vibroacoustic mediated telepresence concepts.
United States Patents
- 7,931,470: Interface device and method for interfacing instruments to medical procedure simulation systems
- 7,864,164/8,638,308: Haptic Interface for Palpation Simulation
- 7,819,799: System and Method for Controlling Force applied to and Manipulation of Medical Instruments
- 7,727,117: Method and Apparatus for operatively controlling and Virtual Reality Scenario with a Physically Demanding Interfaces
- 7,331,226: Force measurement system for an isometric exercise device
- 7,308,831: Interface device and method for interfacing instruments to vascular access simulation systems
- 7,307,619, 7,202,851: Haptic interface for palpation simulation
- 7,121,982: Computer interactive isometric exercise system.
- 7,033,176: Motion platform system and method of rotating a motion platform about plural axes
- 6,817,973: Apparatus for controlling force for manipulation of medical instruments
- 6,470,302: Interface device and method for interfacing instruments to vascular access simulation systems
- 5,584,700: Virtual-reality based flycycle exercise machine